Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Death (for a future Kyle to read)

Today was full of thoughts about death. Because of this I have been thinking a lot about my life. Ironic. I went to a memorial service earlier for a guy that killed himself. But he wasn't the kind of guy that kills themself. He was the kind of guy with a great family, a beautiful wife, beautiful children, and lots of friends. He made differences in peoples lives. He TRIED at life. And he tried hard. But he Got depressed. He got so sad one day that while his wife was gone for a few minutes he went upstairs and blew his brains out. That is not what guys like this do. But he did. Thus...I am thinking about death and my life.

My life at the moment...I know I havent blogged in almost a year. I finished my thesis, put it up here and forgot about this. Alot has happened. After graduating I went to Europe. Had a great time. Worked some, traveled a little for work. Went to Costa Rica. Turned 23 (ugh). And applied to Grad Schools. Actually I am writing now just as I am hearing back from Grad Schools. I didnt get in to CU boulder as far as i know, nor tufts, and NIU maybe but i definitely didn't get funding. Should have studied harder in undergrad. Oh well. Makes me feel like shit, cause at this point I really thought I would get into these places but not get funding, but it makes sense I guess. 3.4gpa can't cut it.
So I am planning on finishing my app to CSULA. At least there I will probably get in and not have to pay much for a good education with a chance of getting in somewhere good. I sure hope I end up getting to do philosophy and not having to do something to just cover my/our expenses. Life is seriously a bitch.



Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment